Saturday 10 January 2015

Everything Stops!

I am loving my job at the moment. However, it is all consuming and once term starts .....

Everything Stops!

I find that any spare moments I have are invested into catch up time.

My contract was for two terms, but as I was asked to stay on, until the summer at least it is going to continue as it is and I will be full time.

So to enable me to plan my time to use every possible second I have invested in .......

a filofax.




I used to have one when I was last working and I find them invaluable. I can fit eveything in and manage everyones calendars from one place. It also satisfies my stationery craving. 



Just look at this stationery  - adorable!


I have gone for the colour themes of black and orange. You either get the stationery addiction or you don't. If you don't , don't try!



I have my desk in the corner of our room as it is the quietest place for me to work at home. It always surprises me that people think teachers don't work at home or during their holidays. I do wonder if they think we just turn up at 9am with a series of wonderful activities for their children to learn from with no preparation! 











My life is colour coded - 3 kids at 3 different schools - highlighters are needed!







I got mine from the filofax site. You get to register your filofax so if it gets lost and someone finds it, the number can be traced back to you and your baby returned! There is so much information in here already the thought of losing it leaves me cold!

The possibilities for additions are endless so do expect updates and forgive me if the stationery obsession bit bypasses you - it is almost up there with my bag and beauty obsessions!


There is something quite pleasurable about writing. I must admit I enjoy writing in my filo. It is not a chore to keep organised. I do believe we are losing the skill of writing and I for one certainly don't get the same buzz out of inputting dates into my iPhone.

How do you keep your life organised?

8 comments:

  1. 3 kids at 3 different schools! Yes you need a Filofax. The hubs tried to organise me and synch the calendars on the laptops and phones and guess what - it didn't work as I never updated it or looked at it. I have a weekly calendar hung up just to jot down which club and which child and if the hubs is away for now. I'm sure I will be needing something more substantial in a few years but for now, I'm grateful that I only have to organise 2 small ones at the same school. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just grateful that my youngest is at the school where I work still so I know ( or should) what is going on! We tried the synching of the calendars too - never got updated either!

      Delete
  2. StationAry ... cAr StationEry ...... pEn
    You're welcome! btw I'm a stationery addict too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And again - thank you. One of those ones you know like practise and practice, but your fingers forget when quickly typing!

      Delete
  3. I think I need something like this Claire! My daughter Laura has a stationery addiction!! Thanks so much for the lovely comment on my blog:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire, I'm a diary & list girl & love picking my new diary every year! One year I tried using my mobile, which was working really well till I put it in the washer with a load of bedding.....lost everything & p***ed a few people off in the process :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! Love, love, love my Filofax & all things stationery (& bags!) as you know! Off to update my planner now & need to pencil in a coffee date!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been working a lot of overtime recently Claire and although it's not full time equivalent - it's enough to make any spare time a rare luxury! I should use something like this but all I do is write on my calendar (when I remember ... I'm useless!). Loving the colour coded theme! xx

    ReplyDelete