This is an area that is new to me.
I had the area of
"Organisation as a Stay at home Mum" almost cracked on some days.
I think the trouble is with organisation and kids is the kids part.
They tend to mess it up.
These are the things that help me out.
I have schedules typed out so everyone can see them and see who should be doing what, going where, wearing what, taking what, handing what in, going to what club, etc etc etc. From January there is a possibility that I will be working more and I have 3 kids at 2 different schools. From September I will have 3 kids at 3 different schools - that's a lot of different schedules.
- I lay uniforms and clothes out the night before.
- I get the kids to get their sports kits out for their clubs the night before.
- I get them to plan the days on which they need to hand their homework in so they might not get caught out ( they still do)
- I get up early to give plenty of time in the morning to be organised before work and school.
- Menu Plans - I know you heard me say it before! I can't cope not knowing what is for dinner that night and not having a few "easy cook" nights a week.
- I iron/wash everything at the weekend so it is ready for the week . If it doesn't get ironed/washed then it gets worn creased/dirty.
- Basically whatever I can do ahead of time, I do. I feel sometimes it is a never ending cycle of keeping in front of a high speed train and I'd better not stop!
I am going to continue my series from earlier this year on organisation and share some ways I am trying to get reorganised after our building works. For me being organised never costs a lot, but it makes such a difference to the way our busy lives run. I shall be looking at gadgets I love, blogs I have found great,and giving tips on things I find help!
How do you best organise your day and your children? Tips and Hints gratefully shared!