Wednesday 27 June 2012

Wednesday Beauty Buys

Estee Lauder Double Wear ( Stay in Place) Shadow Creme


I was chatting to a friend, who is also a mum of 3 and we were saying how hard it is sometimes to find those moments for yourself, especially when getting ready in the morning! The school run can be such a testing time and yet it is worth carving out a few minutes to put on some make up and do your hair. I find it makes all the difference to me to leave the house presentable - not for anyone else! With this in mind I had been looking for some eye shadow that would last longer during the day and not crease during the warmer months ( if they ever really arrive) and was tempted by a pot of this Estee Lauder Double Wear Shadow Creme in Ivory Lace . 

Estee Lauder Double Wear Eye Shadows


It gives a lovely pale shimmer effect which you can use on your brows, or add a touch to cheekbones to reflect a bit of light . I found it to be the best eye shadow I have had for staying in place and still looking like it should after a day on the run! I was so pleased with it I have since gone back and purchased two other colours: 
Mochachino - a lovely coffee coloured matt shadow and Golden Sands - a shimmer shadow in a soft gold colour - my favourite of the three. 


Golden Sands, Ivory Lace, Mochachino



You can see by the pictures I use them regularily . They were my holiday make up bag staple this year! I tend to mix two at a time to give variety and use the Ivory lace to highlight. I also use the Double wear eye pencil, which is equally as effective and does not leave me with panda eyes by the end of the day - result! I know they are a little on the pricey side, but if you buy from a department store such as Boots or Debenhams there is usually some deal on where you end up with a load of free samples or goodies - and we all love those to try out! 

Even after a whole day painting my daughters bedroom - the eye shadow was untouched. Photos of the finished bedroom coming - just putting the final touches to the room tomorrow - it's looking good! x

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I'm sure the bedroom will be lovely:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne! I've had the help of my 5 year old who went down with chicken pox on her birthday as well - nightmare! Still it has kept her occupied! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liking the 'stay in place' theme - just what us mums need!Will have to take a look at these!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours, my eye shadow rarely lasts. Might give this a go soon.
    Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous daughters' new room!
    Jane cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a bit of a find this one if you want something to last! You do need a good make up remover though!! New room photos coming! x

    ReplyDelete