Well I didn't win. Sad face.
- I hadn't thought I was good enough to even enter!
- I didn't expect to get to the final 10 out of 600 .
- I learnt so much putting together the entry and learning about how to submit a You Tube video ( Steep Learning Curve!)
- I got this far having only been writing for a short time and it has spurred me on to do more.
- I realised this Thrifty lifestyle and Budgeting Nonsense is actually really important to me! Who'd have thought it?
- I had a trip to London with no kids and my OH had to drive the kids to Cornwall without me - Oh yeah ( only a parent will understand my complete and utter joy at that.)
The interview was nerve wracking for me. I've been a Mum at home for the past 9 years. The closest I've got to an interview are the ones I go to at school to hear how my kids are
behaving doing. I did treat myself to a dress to wear, although it only cost me £20 from Dorothy Perkins and will do for Christmas too....see , thrifty through and through!! I dressed it up with a smarter belt, dusted off my black blazer and court shoes of old and looked half way presentable. Although I must admit to changing into the shoes in the loos in Pret a Manger round the corner from the interview as I can't walk in them anymore, more of a stomp and a trip. I had what I call my London Underground Shoes on! Shhh don't tell. I'm a country girl at heart. I also got caught in a heavy rain shower and the Bakerloo Line was closed for the day so I had to do some last minute panicking re planning of my route.
Despite all these last minute glitches, the team at Savoo were welcoming and professional as always once I arrived. A lot of time and effort had gone into this day and competition and you could see it meant as much to them as it did to each one of the finalists. It was great to meet some of the Savoo team again and to meet a couple of new faces on the interview panel. The panel consisted of a couple of fabulous bloggers .Check these ladies out if you haven't already, but beware you can easily lose a day or two in their blogs and not notice! Miss Thrifty and A Thrifty Mrs. The other two on the panel were Simon, the managing Director of Savoo who is fantastically encouraging and welcoming at all times and Mark Lockley from The Guardian. He has also written a book called How to Pay Less For More. Some fabulous hints and tips on a huge array of topics from him!
I don't know what they thought of me. I don't know how I came across. I hope I presented myself well. I know my mind goes blank at times and I kick myself afterwards, but you know for a mum of 3, emerging from a decade at home. I don't think I did too bad!
So , congratulations to the worthy winner ,Annie , You will have a great time working with Savoo. What dealings I have had with them so far they have been nothing short of professional and extremely encouraging. I shall look forward to following your new blog and money saving ideas with avid enjoyment!