Friday 2 August 2013

Bucket List

Money Supermarket Competition 


I was nominated by Helen at The Flaky Fashionita to take part in The Money Supermarket Bucket List Competition

This suits me down to the ground at the moment as you know as all our spare funds have been piled into our house renovations that have just happened to hit a few unexpected issues ....

foundations anyone?

I have never written a Bucket List before. It seemed to be something that you would do when you knew your life was to be coming to an end, but as I think about it that is too late isn't it?

I know I have dreams of things 

                       I would love to do, 

                           to share with people,

                                         to experience. 

Putting them down on paper somehow makes them become more of a possibility . 

Something I could perhaps do one day, if I so chose had the funds.

I will confess to writing a list by hand first. Typing on the keyboard just seemed too impersonal . I let my imagination go and tried not to limit myself by cost - boy I found that hard. 

Once a bargain hunter, always a bargain hunter!


Many of the points on my list are to do with seeing the World. We live in a sleepy little village and for the past 12 years we have happily settled here raising our kids. My feet are a little itchy now. 

The world is calling

I would love to explore it together with my family and experience the next stage of our journey together. 

Where would I start? 

Well,I have a friend who is taking a trip to America next week . I have never been. I would love to go with my children and husband. To take them to see the major cities and experience the size of the place! I would love to see Fall in New England . Apparently the eruption of colour, although brief is just the greatest show on Earth. With it's white steeples and clapboard homes New England is the place to see it. 



I would take in a Broadway musical and make sure I was around for New York restaurant week. We would travel to the Pipeline masters in Hawaii and see the amazing power of the surf.


 Oh I could go on - I have a list within a list here.

For now I have asked my friend to pick me up a couple of tubes of mascara that you can't get over here as a little treat! Tame in comparison, but I am really excited about that. 

I have also asked her just to price up a bag I have been eyeing up for months:

 Michael Kors Selma Bag in Navy

I hear it is cheaper over there. She won't be buying it for me, but it is on my bucket list. Silly , but a special bag brings me a sense of inner harmony and feeling of organisation for months.

Yet not everything on my list is expensive either.

 I would love to have a morning with my Dad  again, with him not talking rubbish and so obviously away with the fairies. I would like to take him out for a stroll in the sunshine without him struggling to stay on his feet. I would buy him a lunch of different cheeses and while away the time talking about the things that don't matter at all. I know this can't happen because of his health now, but it is on my list and he still loves the sunshine and cheese so I can fulfil a little of the dream and imagine what could have been.


So - there we have three things on my bucket list. Maybe I should publish the whole list? I surprised myself with the amount of things I would like to do and have . The description of my dream walk in wardrobe is really quite detailed!

It is amazing what comes tumbling out when you give yourself time to look inside beyond the busyness of everyday life.

I will nominate 3 other bloggers as Money Supermarket suggest, but I believe the 2nd August is the final day so my apologies if it is just too late......


Enjoy - I did!










8 comments:

  1. What a great list .. I can't believe you haven't been to the US - that's one item you definitely should tick off your bucket list in the next few years. Really enjoyed reading this post. H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...hubby's been but not me:( It's my next big thing to save up for after all this building stuff is finally over! Finding it hard going with the kids off I must admit ! Enjoyed dreaming for a bit writing this. X

      Delete
  2. Lucky to have been to New York and we did a broadway show, New York is favourite place I have ever visited just love it and the broadway show is a great experience. New England in the fall is on my bucket list also. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating me Claire - sorry I didn't get chance today to follow the post up! A decent list you have there - I'd love to go back to America and agree with AnnMarie above - New York is one my most favourite places ever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, I'd have to concur on many of those. Am not usually keen on musicals but absolutely loved Wicked which was heart breaking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely list Claire! New England in the fall would be on mine too!!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! New England in the fall is also on my bucket list, along with New Year in the run up to Christmas. Please publish your full list, I would love to read it and the walk in wardrobe in detail has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Claire, thanks for the nomination. Mad I didn't see it in time, ggggrrrr!!
    Thanks also for your support from the start of my blogging journey, xxx

    ReplyDelete