I received Decembers box a bit late as my card details hadn't been updated. My fault! I thought I had a 6 month subscription with Joliebox, but it seems I have a year, so I am going to keep it going for a little longer and see if the contents improve from the last few months. JoileBox have recently become a Birchbox company and I am hoping that may have an effect on them. Some of the boxes have been absolutely superb, but others have left me wondering about the value for money. I didn't even bother posting about Novembers box I was so disappointed in it. Here's a quick picture anyway. The total value came to way less than £10 and the products were pretty basic. That's all I'm going to say!
The JolieBox subscription was a birthday gift for me, but over a year I am wondering whether I would rather have the money it totals up to to spend on one big item! However, the flip side is , I love getting a little box of treats each month through the door and have found numerous uses for the products I don't want.
A lovely external box as usual .I do love these little boxes. Sturdy and pretty and so useful for storage and gifts!
A white inner bag this time. These bags are also reusable for cosmetics, toiletries or for keeping things together in your handbag. My daughter uses them for bits and pieces when we go out too.
The contents this month:
- Bellapierre Shimmer Eye Shadow Powder - Mine was blue which is a colour I don't wear, but a good product to have in the box anyway.
- Dr Duve Hand and Decollete Cream - 2 sample packets of these. I am happy to try these out as they have hyaluronic acid in - always a winner in my eyes!
- Agua de Colonia Concentrada - a lemon, lavender, geranium, eucalyptus and rosemary cologne. This is overpowering , but in small amounts I rather like the lemony aroma.
- Color Club Nail Polish - 'Put a pin in it' . A shimmery pink colour. I like this.
- Olay Regenerist Cream - again.
- Natural Honey Body Milk - moisturiser. Thick and creamy. Another nice product.
- I love....Cosmetics Lip Gloss. A nice lip gloss, but I have rather a lot so this will be gifted!
- Also in the box two bars of Lindor Chocolate. I need chocolate like a hole in the head at the moment of course, but if I must I will try these...... Yum Yum.
Ok so I like this box. I think for me a box must have a few full size products that I will get full use out of, a couple of new sample products to try and write about and a surprise or two. So this delivers on all fronts.
However I must say I was equally as delighted with my Christmas present from my five year old girl ( TK Maxx bargain)
...and the surprise present from my OH who is learning to check my pinterest pages for hints.
My main present from my OH was a new lens for my camera. I was fortunate enough to win £500 just before Christmas and instead of allowing this to get swallowed up in the black pit of family finances, we decided to use it to replace my Cannon camera which is on it's last legs. I am now the proud owner of a Panasonisc G5 with an extra 45 - 150 lens from a generous hubby for Christmas.
I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. I spent half of it in bed with a throat infection so not our best - oh well.
Here's to a wonderful 2013!!