Monday 24 June 2013

Shopping My Wardrobe

A Simple Charity Dress


This was the little dress I managed to find at a charity shop a few weeks ago. It was a great buy, but the only down side were the puff sleeves. I was torn about whether to attempt to make them narrower or to do away with them altogether. I don't often go sleeveless so dithered about this decision.

This was the dress before I did anything to it. The sleeves were huge!!!


 I then took the sleeves in a little, but I still felt puffed up! ( Excuse the face - I'd just done a full weeks teaching - not used to it!)


So despite my fear of bingo wings, off they came!




 If the cold gets to me I just add a little Zara jacket ( I have rather a lot of those.)




All I need now is the sun to shine a bit more here in the UK! Please!

Linking up with Visible Monday 


Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.




25 comments:

  1. I love how you changed this into a sleeveless dress. Very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure at first, but much prefer it now!

      Delete
  2. You look fab Claire and did a great job on the sleeves! Have a lovely week:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well-done - this makes a perfect sleeveless dress, and you look lovely! Thanks for sharing your look with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti - I am really enjoying it now.

      Delete
  4. Very cute sleeveless dress. Looks nice with the jacket too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think, it looks way better without sleeves. And I really like how it looks with a jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - and I love any excuse to wear a jacket too!

      Delete
  6. You did a good job! First I thought what a pretty little dress, a great finding. But now when I saw it altered I saw that it is more than that. It looks very feminine and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the title of the post, this is exactly what I've been doing lately.

    It does look a hell of a lot better now that's you taken the sleeves off. Not a fan of puffy sleeves at all. You look lovely.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I much prefer a simple look - not into fussy at all!

      Delete
  8. You look amazing in that dress - no sign of Bingo wings to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - they are there, but I'm working on them!

      Delete
  9. I love it Claire - it looks really fresh and funky! And what bingo wings?? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny - I've been working on the bingo wings - cutting hedges has helped too!! X

      Delete
  10. The dress looks so nice without the sleeves and looks fab with the jacket too, I agree we need sonme sunshine in the UK, it is sunny here in the West Midlands today so fingers crossed it will last x Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Much better! Less is more, clearly.
    I'll be happy to send you some sunshine ... we have plenty. Can I have some cool mornings and evenings from your part of the world, please?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a really nice look. I love the dress and platform shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you have done.....so clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I forgot you were such a dab hand with the sewing machine. I wouldn't have dared. But you've made it look great and the bonus of it no longer having the puffy sleeves is that you can now wear it with cardis and jackets without unsightly and uncomfy bumps.

    Fab figure too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this look the platforms really suit it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - never thought taking a sleeve off could make such a difference. Great move - it's a lovely dress and a simple classic. Would work in the colder weather too with tights and boots. Ax

    ReplyDelete