Tuesday 4 June 2013

Worth My Pennies?


I tend to focus on skin care when I spend money and it is not often I buy a lot of make up. Earlier this year I decided to try a couple of items that I had seen raved about and looked really good value for money.

1.Mua Pallete Undressed and Undress Me Too.


I would love to have all of the Urban Decay Palettes, but as I can't, these will do for now. The pigment in the matt colours is poor, but buildable. The pigment in the shimmer colours is fabulous as you can see in the swatches. I have swatched just a few colours to give an idea of the quality. These are great little palettes for just £4 a pop. They are definitely worth the money.


Mua Palettes




Top Shop Highlighter



This looks very yellow in the photo, but you actualy only need a light dusting of this to give a little highlight to your cheek bones. This is a lovely highlighter and definitely worth the £10 price tag. Sometimes the whiter based highlighters are just too cold on my skin and this is a much warmer product for the summer months. The swatch is a heavy ( 3 - 4 coats) layer. You really only need a light dusting and it gives a lovely golden hue.

Top Shop Highlighter Sunbeam




Beauty Blender ( Dupe)




This is amazing! I never thought it would do the job that everyone said it would. Oh I am getting so suspicious in my old age! It really does give an even finish to whatever you put on your skin, foundations, tinted moisturisers, BBs, concealers etc and is so, so easy to use. I only picked this up as it was at TK Maxx for £4.99. It is not the official Beauty Blender - just a dupe, but it does a brilliant job and my skin looks so much better for it. You immerse in water, squeeze out in a towel and then use to apply your make up. Perfect. I am hooked!



Beauty Blender ( Dupe)






So for once all three products are getting the thumbs up from me . My favourite has to be the Beauty Blender. I thought it was a gimmick, but I have been proven wrong!


Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.

9 comments:

  1. I need to check out tk maxx! Love the eyeshadow palette's too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tK Maxx - got some reduced birkenstocks as well. My first ever pair : O !! XX

      Delete
  2. Now I'm intrigued!! I've never heard of a beauty blender before. So am I right in thinking that instead of using a sponge/brush/fingers to apply foundation, you use this? How odd! I'm going to have to look further into this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats right - it looks so odd doesn't it? I just thought, " another flash in the pan!" ....but I think it is because the sponge is so dense it gives a flawless finish - no brush marks or sponge marks at all. It is so quick and easy. I am not easily convinced on these things and I think the proper one is £12 so refused to buy it ( I'm so tight in my old age). I immediately thought wow when I used it and as my skin tends to get dry which means foundations can get cakey on my cheeks it really helps. Definitely worth looking into ! I'll shurrup now! XX

      Delete
  3. I love the MUA palettes and the topshop highlighter - sunbeam right? I really want to try the beauty blender dupe now too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right - the sunbeam one! It's so pretty - using it all the time at the moment. My little girl said " mummy you are like the sunshine!"
      I've not tried the real beauty blender, but if it is like this one I would say it probably is worth ( dare I say it) £12 ! X

      Delete
  4. I never heard of the beauty blender before I must try this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the Urban Decay Palettes too Claire but it's not going to happen right now! Just bought Undress Me Too last week (couldn't resist the 3 for 2 at Superdrug). The beauty blender has me intrigued I must say - must have a forage in TKMaxx! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Urban Decay lines. My daughter uses it. You can go as light or as dark as you want. The blender looks fun. I use sponge wedges, but always worry about bacteria... Thanks for your kind words the other day, they were SO appreciated. <3

    ReplyDelete