Tuesday 18 June 2013

What Do You Love To Do?

Rediscovering a Passion


I spent all last  week working . 

It is the first full week of teaching I have done for 9 years.

At the start of the week it looked like I was going to have a few bits of time off, but I was asked to stay on, so ended up working straight through and... 

I loved every moment of it.

Yes , it was a juggling act with three kids to organise and a husband who has never had to manage without me, but we got there. He didn't forget too much......

What's the odd child amongst friends anyway.


I have rediscovered my passion for teaching. The joy of seeing children excited because of what you are doing with them. Knowing that they are learning through what they are doing even though to outside eyes it may not seem like it! Having parents come in to say how much their children have loved and talked about what they have done - it just makes it worth while. 

I never meant to take so long out of teaching. It is just when the kids were little we couldn't see a way around me working when my husband worked such long hours and was away so much. It would have cost a lot in childcare. So, after my second child I didn't go back.......for 9 years.

In all that time it is good to know that the passion hasn't died.

However, I am rather glad I only have two days work this week. I haven't the stamina I had 9 years ago!


Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.






6 comments:

  1. Yeah! So happy to hear that you still love teaching.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky Claire - to be working at something you love! I can't say I feel the same way about pensions admin but shouldn't complain - at least I have a job. Feel too old now to branch out and do something creative - that's what the blog is for I guess! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so good to have teachers that have a passion for their job! I just wish I could work two days a week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the passion is still there Claire, I love the fact I spend half my working life surrounded by essential oils and beauty products! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic that the passion is still there! Sounds wonderful to be in a job where you have that passion still. I can only imagine how rewarding it is to see little ones learning like you say. Brilliant and well done getting the balance right xx

    ReplyDelete