The weather we are having at the moment has made me look forward to rather than dread our annual camping trip next week. I am not particularly stoic when it comes to roughing it and am rather of the opinion that a holiday ought to include a few home comforts along the way. I know, life doesn't depend on them etc etc .However I take one look at the enjoyment spread all over my kids faces and I have to man up and get on with it!
On the positive side we do now have a tent that can be seen from outer space and have collected a lot of useful gadgets over the years that ease the job quite considerably. I do quite enjoy sleeping under canvas and eating outdoors so this year I am going to be firm on the OCD elements that stop me from relaxing and follow these rules:
1. Take plenty of alcohol.
2. Don't take chocolate ( it melts and tastes foul and then you sulk for hours)
3. Take tins of food from M and S and just boil rice or pasta to go with them.
4. Take dry shampoo and hairbands and forget about hair.
4. Take a good tinted moisturiser, lip tint and mascara and go minimal!
5. Take water pistols and spend time with the kids.
Wish me luck!!
p.s My usual weekly posts will still be around so please continue to visit me. Loving getting to know you all. XX