Saturday 27 July 2013

Beauty Tip of the Day

Get Your Feet in Tip Top Condition



I don't know about you , but I am one of those people who BOTHER.

By bother I mean , bother about my clothes and hair and make up.

I enjoy deciding what to wear.

I like buying new items.

I love getting a new colour on my hair - in fact I am not sure what colour my hair would be now if I left it alone - probably very grey.

I feel great when my skin is in good condition.

BUT

As you get older it takes longer doesn't it ....doesn't it?



So ...




I approach this a bit like housekeeping - a little and often .

Apart from my daily routine (more on this next week), which like the basics of housekeeping - the cooking, the washing up, the making beds etc has to be done every day , I do extras on a regular basis .

Each Saturday I will be doing a Beauty Housekeeping Task to keep on top of my skincare routines. 

Join me if you wish! Or Laugh at my decadence!

This week I suggest Tackling your Feet for a mid season sort out.



  • Soak your feet in a bowl of warm water with a drop of oil to soften.
  • Rub away dry skin with a pumice stone or similar
  • Use a natural based scrub on your feet to smooth and exfoliate
  • Rinse in cool water and dry.
  • Massage in some cream - I use Body Butter from The Body Shop, but only because I love it.
  • Use a cuticle cream to tidy up cuticles and a file to shape your nails - remember to file in one direction only - I use the buffing square from Boots
  • If required give your nails a couple of coats of nail polish to finish , using a base and a top coat to  get it to last longer.


WARNING - FEET PICTURES COMING UP! 

Feet after washing - I couldn't inflict the pre washed ones on you! The bruise is courtesy of my son's size 8's!

After Body Butter and Filing

After Painting

After Top Coat

HAPPY FEET!




Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.

11 comments:

  1. I hear you - I'm definitely one of the people who bother with it as well! I always do my nails, both fingers and toes. I love your red nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do as well - finger nails too and always matching - don't know why!!

      Delete
  2. I do bother about 'stuff' and paint my toenails but it's usually a rush job and never seem to find enough time to do my feet properly Claire with the scrub and cream etc - always seems to be something more pressing that needs attending to (like another pile of washing etc!). I must make the time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Jenny! I have so much nail polish on my white duvet cover from painting my nails last thing at night it looks a right state! It's always last minute so I've decided each Saturday to do something for me - my feet have been smiling at me all day - I actually did this this morning! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. My feet could really use some pampering now :) I bother too but I wish I could have enough time to spoil myself a little too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided I have to make a bit of me time - I read your post about your beautiful nappy cake - you should definitely make more! XX

      Delete
  5. I actually have a Sunday night bath and feet ritual. Where after a soak in the bath, I do my feet as the nails are soft and just perfect for cutting/trimming or anything. And then I get to start the week with fresh toes. Tonight's the night - all change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have loads of baths - then I had kids and now I never have a bath. If I do, I always get interrupted and I hate that! Don't worry I do shower - early mornings though!! My feet feel great still this morning - note to self - must look after feet better! Maybe I'll go back to the bath ritual now my kids are older - maybe they'll leave me alone....yeah right.

      Delete
  6. Oh Claire, you must go back to the bath ritual! I LOVE it ... I shower every morning, so the bath is all about indulgence and bubbles and just having a little time to yourself. Like Sue, this is also when the feet prepping takes place. Great post .. loved the final pic 'Happy Feet'. Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will dream about the day!! Trouble is now the kids are older they are up later - they don't tell you that in the kids manuals do they!! Sigh!

      Delete
  7. I'm on a roll now....what it is with husbands who work from home too? In theory , great, but he's always here....I mean ALWAYS! Never a moment of quiet. How did I get from baths to that? Dunno. May take a bath now and let them all sort themselves and the builders out! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete