Tuesday 16 July 2013

Charity Bargains

Feeling the Squeeze


I have tried not to go to the sales at all again this season. I got myself a few items from H and H earlier this year which have been ideal. My reasoning being that I am better planing what I buy at the moment if I need anything, rather than entering the arena of unlawful temptation. I just find it so hard to resist once I am there - and don't the retailers know it!

It seems almost daily at the moment that the builders are discovering new issues with our house and although on the whole they are not too major, added together they are becoming somewhat expensive. I say not major, but we did discover that one part of the house had no foundations to speak off and was resting on soil - a lot of digging, time and concrete later and the house is going nowhere now!

So , I am avoiding anywhere where I might be tempted to spend too much money! It really is needed elsewhere at the moment. However.......


.....a little jaunt into the charity shops revealed a brand new pair of clarks soft wear sandals for under £10 and a pretty Laura Ashley straw hat. I had to take the scissors to the hat as it had a rather unattractive bow on it, but a few snips took care of that!

Clarks Soft Wear Sandals
Coral and Pink - what's not to love?





Laura Ashley Straw Hat - £2.00 if you please.

With a 1920's turn up!
It doesn't take much to put a smile on my face - a few bargains and a bucket load of British good weather!



Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.



26 comments:

  1. Great finds! I need a hat like this for our vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sandals were a gorgeous find, well spotted, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then a treasure is just lurking waiting to be found isn't it! They haven't left my feet since!

      Delete
  3. Lovely shoes - would love to see you style the hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May give that a go - at the moment I'm hiding from the builders under it!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Made my day finding them - silly really !

      Delete
  5. Fab bargains - those sandals are just stunning! Enjoy wearing and hope that there are no more construction surprises from now to completion x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avril - yes I agree I think my nerves can take no more surprises! x

      Delete
  6. I'm in love with those shoes! The color combination is fantastic and perfect for the summer :)

    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this colour clash too - so delicious!

      Delete
  7. I'm having to return to that old arena tomorrow - really I have to! Bought some t-shirts from H&M and they haven't removed the security tags - so I need to return... You've done really well (as usual) with your lovely finds - love the colours of the sandals and what a bargain find the hat is! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no - that's a pain. I love to shop that's the problem , so I can't resist when I go at the moment. Solution - don't go!! Although I do still have some birthday money- hmnnnn. XX

      Delete
  8. Love the sandals Claire:) Enjoy the sunny days!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the sun - am enjoying every second of it !X

      Delete
  9. Oh wow I love the sandals and it's a colour combo I adore. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are good - I'd have caved even if there's no money to cave with.

    And great bargains. I was just thinking how clear your pics are - the joys of a good camera and lens eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying really hard, but the only solution is to keep away otherwise the card would be out! It helps that I have to drive 20 miles to the good shops! My camera is better than I am - really must do a course or something and learn about the buttons.

      Delete
  11. What fantastic bargains, wish I had charity shops near me like yours! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a small seaside town where almost every other shop is a charity shop! They bus people in for the sole purpose of charity shopping - sad really, but good for me!! Bargains galore! Hope the bike riding went well!!X

      Delete
  12. Love the sandals ... the colours are gorgeous. Hope all the house issues are resolved now and that the building works are completed without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Tell me the building will be worth it in the end - it is pushing me to the limit at the moment! X

      Delete