Sunday 28 July 2013

Shopping My Wardrobe

If You Can't Beat Them....

Join them.



I haven't done an Outfit Post with Visible Monday for a few weeks as the builders have got us surrounded and there is nowhere left untouched to take photos. The whole house is covered in scaffolding and I am often getting dressed in the morning when a shadow passes across my bedroom window. Yes the builders are walking past along the scaffolding to work on the roof at the crack of dawn! 

Anyway, I decided to do a quick couple of photos, scaffolding and all, with my favourite maxi skirt this year. 

Do you know why I love it?

The stripes match up at the join.

Obsessed, Crazy, OCD, lady. 

Yup ..I own that name.

But I bet you are going to look at all your stripes today and see if they line up at the joins now ......aren't you?!


Excuse the messy hair - wind was CRAZY blowing again.


I have a bench at the bottom of the garden with no builders, but they can see me very clearly from where they are.




Skirt - TK MAXX Max Studio £19.99
Top - TK Maxx Max Studio £9.99
Shoes - Clarks Thrifted £10
Bag - Next £25
Glasses - Boots polarised £25
Watch - Michael Kors - gift
Necklace and Earrings - Rose Gold crystals - gift
Jacket - Zara £25 (About)

Outft total - £89.98

Linking up with Visible Monday




Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.



12 comments:

  1. Love the skirt Claire (I have a shorter office type skirt with similar pin-stripes that join!) - it's the whole chevron thing isn't it - very flattering! You look very relaxed on your bench - despite the builders! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look, I love a diagonal stripe. And I know what it's like to see workers outside the window in the early hours - always gives me a start! Thanks for linking up to Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the builders have got us surrounded" This made me chuckle. :D
    Lovely maxi for the ocd, ha, and beautiful photo spot on that inviting bench in the shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty for summer. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree about the stripes matching; i've discarded no end of skirts at 'try on' stage purely because they don't match at the seams! A gem. You look lovely. Trust the works are progressing well, and you won't be surrounded by dust and mess for much longer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit Claire and I also adore that red bag from Next! Have a good week:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that can be so annoying not having your privacy! I hope they'll finish very soon.
    Despite the mess around your house, you look lovely and your chevron skirt is just gorgeous.

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit ... LOVE that bag! Now you've got me wondering if maybe I could wear a maxi length despite being under 5ft 4"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! I'm 5'5' so if I can you can. I have a friend who is about 5"2' and she looks great in them. I think the chevron stripes ( matching of course) add height too! X

      Delete
  9. Scaffolding aside, you look great ... the skirt does look wonderful. Not sure it makes you look taller, but it sure doesn't do anything else but flatter in some great ways. Makes you look tiny-thin and skinny hipped! I'd take that over taller any day. Really nice, suitably casual shirt and jacket and the shoes and bag are a perfect finish... very of the moment!
    I wish you a speedy and trouble-free finish to the construction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take smaller over taller any day at the mo - on some meds that make me gain weight so am a bit fed up ; ( Your comment made my day!! Thank you. xxx

      Delete