Wednesday 24 July 2013

Wednesday Beauty Buys - Boots 3 for 2

Bourjois Lip Products



Boots often have a 3 for 2 offer on certain brands or on their skincare.This is a good time to stock up on your usual creams and potions as it saves money in the long term.

It is also a good opportunity to grab a few lipsticks you have had your eye on for a more reasonable price. I had some points to spend on my Boots card and with the 3 for 2 offer had this lot covered.

I particularly wanted to try the Shine Edition ( silver package) as the consistency is similar to the Revlon Lip Butters that I adore, but without the glittery bits that sometimes can be a little too much in the lip butters.

  1. Bourgois Shine Edition 23
  2. Bourgois Colour Boost 01  Red Sunrise
  3. Rouge Edition 18



The Shine Edition lip colour is a lovely alternative to the lip butters . It is quite a "wet" product to apply, but is absorbed quickly into the lips leaving a lovely soft colour with a subtle shine. This is not too 'gloss like' either which I like. I would get more colours in this.

The Colour Boost pencil is a great watermelon red . It is a little soft to apply and the staying power isn't great, but it is easy to carry in your bag and to reapply when needed. I probably wouldn't buy from this range again unless they had a colour that was unavailable in other similar ranges that have better staying power.

The Rouge Edition is more of a traditional lipstick texture, although I was a little disappointed in the staying power. I prefer Rimmels Moisture Renew range, which has the added benefit of hyaluronic acid in it, to this so I probably wouldn't buy from this range again.


Have you tried any of the Bourgois lip products ?

You can buy these products from Boots .


Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.




5 comments:

  1. I never know where to start with trying lip products. If I don't scare myself in the mirror, it might get a look in. Having said that, I'm trying to break myself into more colours and I'm actively trying to avoid nude colours. I'm very much a lipstick virgin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a fortune in Boots yesterday on boring stuff - sun cream and deodrants. I can read your post and pretend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used any of their lip products. Shame about the pencil I was hoping you was going to say it was as good as a Clinique Chubby stick for half the price! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at the Bourjois Colour Boost the other day - thought it looked similar to the Revlon Balm stains - shame it doesn't have the lasting power. I like the sound of the Shine Edition - will probably get one of these for holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,so beautiful colors...I really like your pretty blog.*__*
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete