Saturday 19 January 2013

Birchbox- a fresh start

January's Box

This is the first box I have received since the rebranding of Joliebox.




So what do I think?

The last few boxes I had received from Joliebox last year had left me disappointed . I signed up to a beauty box to give me an opportunity to explore some new products that I wouldn't otherwise have tried. I often feel it is a waste of money to buy a full sized product only to find out a few days later it is not the product for you. I love beauty products and it is a real treat to receive a box of goodies each month. However, I felt I wasn't getting value for money and although my years subscription was a birthday gift I still feel I should get the moneys worth.

This BirchBox arrived in an unsecured box which I was a little concerned about, but all seemed ok. A pleasant box , with bright pink accents and an inner bag. I like it that they are retaining the good points of Joilibox. We have a magazine, which is good to read and leaflets explaining the contents and Birchbox. 



The contents this month are a good selection of products. I am pleased with them all. I suspect some will complain about the tea bag, but I enjoy getting different teas in my boxes. Anything that cuts back my caffeine content.



1. Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment - This is a sample . A full size would be £15.50. This is a lovely product and has gone straight into my handbag. Lovely moisture with a hint of rose.




2.KMS California- Free Shape quick blow dry - I am a big fan of KMS products so will enjoy trying this out. The top layer detangles and softens whilst the bottom layer helps it dry faster. Full size would be £13.50

3. Taaj - Creme Mains Delhicates Hands Cream - This would be £10. A lovely rich hand cream.



4. Wei White Lotus moisture rich eye blend - advanced eye cream with skin firming peptides. Full size would be £60. I am looking for a good eye cream, but think this may be a bit expensive for me. I will make the sample last!



5. Teapigs - peppermint tea. I love peppermint tea. Pack of 15 would be £3.49


I am pleased with this first box. Any products that I don't use straight away I put to one side to use as gifts or for a guest basket.

You can find more out about Birch Box Uk here. or Birch Box.com here





Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.


Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.

7 comments:

  1. I chuckled when I read the comment about the teabag thinking you meant the pink bag which the goodies came in but no ... you meant the real teabags which you featured further along. Teapigs are quite expensive and I've tried them for Earl Grey before but I have to say, I'm sticking with my Twinings. My friend did a lovely secret santa this year and I was lucky enough to receive her present in which she had put in different Clarins samples which she hadn't used and a little pretty floral fold up shopping bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny!! The tea was really good, but I still don't think I'd pay out £3.49 myself for a pack of 15 teabags - I could go through that in 2 days!! Lidls green tea does me ok on a daily basis at the moment .

      Delete
  2. I love reading these reviews - I still get the excitement of seeing what's in the box without having to pay for it! Great idea for a birthday present actually. Not a bad selection at all. Enjoy using it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some lovely products in your Birchbox ~ I haven't received mine yet but I hope the contents are as good as yours! I love tea so I think it is a good addition ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pleased with my box this month. Nice selection of goodies. The blow dry spray is fab! I got it in a previous box and now have it full size x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a decent box this one Claire - like the Sugar Rose, KMS Free Shape and handcream xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good box there Claire. I'd never tried Joliebox, I have always been a Glossy girl myself but am always intrigued to see what is in other beauty boxes. I love the anticipation! If I could afford/justify it I would subscribe to all the boxes.

    ReplyDelete