Wednesday 9 January 2013

Wednesday Beauty Buys


 Did you guess the product from last Wednesdays picture?


 Ojon Hair Mask


I had heard amazing things about this hair treatment and had picked it up and put it back on the shelf on many an occasion. The main reason for it being put down being the price. I don't mind spending out on a product that is going to give you exactly what you are looking for and is going to last , but this is not a huge pot and you need to "saturate your hair" to treat it so I wasn't sure how many treatments I would get out of the pot.



I finally succumbed just before Christmas. My hair was in need of some TLC and I've looked at various treatments, but most say to leave on for only 3 minutes. I'll be honest and say that I don't see how a product that is only left on your hair for 3 minutes can do much good at all. The Ojon mask is left on for 20 minutes.

You apply this to dry hair. The instructions are to take 1 - 11/2 teaspoons of product into your hands to warm them until it turns to an oil and then apply to your hair. You repeat this process until your hair is saturated. You massage into roots, scalp and ends and can apply gentle heat to particularly damaged hair. You leave for 20 minutes and then shampoo the product out.




My first go with this was a little rushed and I felt that I didn't do it justice. In hindsight I felt I did not rinse the product off throughly enough. You apply this to dry hair and shampoo the product off after  the treatment. I only shampooed with my head over the bath and a five year old yelling for me from downstairs so I rushed!

My hair felt somewhat lank and lack lustre for a day or so and didn't really benefit the first time around. However, having spent too much on this product, it WILL be amazing so I tried again. I applied to dry hair, warmed the product in my hands etc etc, shampooed it off well and dried as usual, but apart from it being tangle free I don't see shine and amazing results. 

Disappointed.

Again, I wonder if my technique is to blame and the only thing I can think of is I may have scrimped on the product. It says to warm 1 - 11/2 teaspoons of product in your hands then apply to your hair until saturated . I did this twice, but could have easily used loads more - maybe I was being too cautious.

So I will give it another go this week and report back to see if I can get the results that so many have reported with this product. If not my hunt will continue for a reasonably priced hair mask. At the moment I don't feel this is nourishing my hair and giving it that moisture I feel it needs during these winter months.

Do you have a go to hair mask that you love?

7 comments:

  1. That's a shame about it! I got stuff and that happened to me after being so excited about it. I hope you find something though...great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't bother with hair masks I never feel I have the time. I have a Lee Stafford you can put on before bed, fine if you are gonna wash your hair first thing and a Loreal one from the hairdresser I can't be bothered to stay in the shower for the 5 mins it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've tried ojon products before and i find them to be HEAVY. i really wanted to like it, because i spent so much money AND tried various products from their line. i haven't been back since. i through the rest away. they didn't work for me.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a couple of pots of Ojon Restorative Treatment (still got a small one lying around somewhere but can't remember where it is - how bad is that?). I did use more than the recommended amount (+ my hair is really fine and thin) and it did make it softer and shinier. Maybe you need to use more product Claire (which I know doesn't help when it's so expensive)- you have a good full head of hair! I slept in it one night and I remember my hair was amazing the next morning at work! I've only ever bought the treatment whilst it was part of a kit at QVC though - tend to try a lot of products out this way so haven't paid the full price for it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to give it another go and use a lot more - I think maybe I am being a bit stingy!! I've heard such good things about it I am gutted it hasn't revived my hair at all ......yet!! I may put it on one morning I'm in all day and then wash it off at the end of the day - that should do it!! x

      Delete
  5. Hi, just found your blog and love it. I'm the same as you... No matter what I do, the ojon mask doesn't work on my hair. My hair was drier and duller. I could see the colour washing out of my hair when I shampooed it off ! Maybe it's my age ! Kerastase working for me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried it a third time and still didnt get on with it! It almost made my hair brittle. I've found a great Liz Earle one now!

      Delete