Thursday 24 January 2013

The Extension

Reality Hits!


We had the builder over with the plans and figures last week . My husband is a man of detail . He likes to know where he stands exactly and hates risk. I also love to plan and organise, but there is an element of me that is happy to go with the flow and take a few risks at times.

I am excited at the prospect of this work. I would say my hubby is more nervous.

 I focus on the outcome. He focuses on the process.

It's going to be fairly close to the wire as to whether we have enough to cover all we want to do, so I am returning to some teaching duties to boost the building coffers. All will be worth it in the end I'm sure.

We have a provisional starting date of the end of March - gulp! There is so much to sort and shift around before then - better get started and order a skip! 

This is the bit I'm good at .......de cluttering!!

A Well Filled Skip
If we had snow this is what our skip would look like!



Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.


Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the new building work Claire!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with it all. I'm sure it will be worth it when it's all completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! We are booked in for end of March, beginning of April for our new kitchen. Been a long time coming, like yours! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all of it, sounds interesting and exciting!! xx

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think myself and my hubby are the reverse of you and yours Claire (and he's good at de-cluttering!). At least by the end of March hopefully most of the bad weather should be over so the builders will be able to crack on with the job xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm awful at decluttering which is why my garage has a no entry sign on it. Come and do mine for me will you? But I'm sure it will be all worth it when you get your lovely extension and it's great that you can also bring in a little extra income whilst it's all happening.

    ReplyDelete