Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year's "Resolutions"

Do they work?

Maybe. No, not really. Sometimes. Never!

Well, they certainly lift our resolve for a while....

The Blogosphere is full of it at the moment - everyone setting themselves new goals and targets for 2013. 

Things they would like to achieve. 

The person they would like to become. 

Some are simple and achievable, some are ..."Wow, good on you , rather you than me"  type of resolutions.

I love reading about resolutions. Probably because I have slight OCD tendencies and like order and discipline in my life. It draws me in like a pot of cream does a cat, but too much is not a good thing! We spend so much of our time trying to achieve these goals, we forget to enjoy the here and now. I know also that if we wrap ourselves up with so many unobtainable goals we will  start the year just feeling like we have failed yet again. 

So this is my approach.


I am just going to continue with some of the practical things I have started and try and improve on them further:

  • Work on budgeting our household expenses.
  • Look at more ways of cutting back on our spending.
  • Bring more variety in planning our meals - look for more recipes.
  • Create a schedule that involves the children doing things for themselves.
  • Try and stop running around after the children so much - encouraging them to be more independent ( difficult if you are a control freak like me).
  • Create some space to have time for myself and for me and my hubby together .

I am also going to tackle some new targets when I have the time to :

  • Attend a photography course - this will not be hard!!
  • Develop some better money saving strategies for us and the children.
  • Improve the way I take care of my health  - look into some natural remedies. 
  • Explore healthy eating again - we have slipped somewhat over the past few weeks.

Not any life altering, earth shattering resolutions here. If you are looking for a life changing revelation, you are reading the wrong blog! I don't think I am an earth shattering sort of person :(




But ....I am kinda happy with my lot. I have 3 incredibly exhausting, but wonderful children who I learn something new about every day. I have a husband to share this with who I may joke grumbles more than Victor Meldrew, but has the kindest of hearts and is unconditional in his love for me. I live in a safe haven of a house and am surrounded by friends and family every step of the way. My life is overly busy and full, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

What more could I ask for?

 I have to remind myself this when I feel frustrated or blue. 

2012 hasn't been the easiest of years for us, but for now......

I am in a good place.

So 2103 ?

Bring it on!



Happy New Year



6 comments:

  1. I like your approach. I don't put too much importance on New Year's resolutions either, I think a resolution can be made at any time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at continuing with the practical things and aiming for the new targets too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't make resolutions as I don't remember to adhere to them but then again, I don't beat myself if I don't meet them if I were to set them. I just take things as they come - if you can improve on things from past experience then that's a bonus - but on the whole, like you - I'm happy. And that's a good state and place to be. All the best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete