Thursday 3 January 2013

The Seasons

 Looking Forward to Spring

I do feel like Christmas passed me by in a bit of a blur . The last few weeks of term had been full of poorly children and I had hung on by my finger tips dealing with a lot of other issues as well. I had a rumbling sore throat which I steadfastly ignored, like us Mums do, until Christmas Eve, when the stress of having my inlaws around seem to finish me off. I spent Christmas day in a bit of a blur with a bad throat and a temperature. Boxing Day I spent in bed with no voice and feeling so weak.  I am hardly ever ill like this, but I think things had just got the better of me. It took me the week to recover. My hubby managed to put work aside for a few days and hold the fort ( husband style) until I felt more myself! C'est la vie.

I am looking forward to getting on with 2013. Some fresh challenges. The lighter evenings. Planning a holiday. Getting on with our extension. Looking forward instead of back. The Christmas decorations are back in the boxes ready for next year. Now I can clear up the mess and cobwebs, throw open some windows and get some fresh air through the house. Spring is just around the corner here in England with the promise of lighter evenings, some warmer weather, a glimpse or two of sun.

 We did manage a few wintery walks along the seafront where I got to play with my new camera...........








13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been poorly. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab photos.....I would like to go walk by the sea and blow away the christmas cobwebs too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sea air - refreshes and makes me sleep better!

      Delete
  3. Xmas and New Year were a blur here too...actually my New Years ended up doing nothing but it was REALLY nice to do nothing.
    Beautiful photos...I should take a quick ride up to the beach and see the ocean. Gorgeous.
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good just to stop at New Year I think - a time to reflect! Happy New Year to you!!!

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear you haven't been well. Glad you are on the mend, and that you have lots of nice things to look forward to - the extension sounds really exciting xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am unbearably excited about the extension - just hoping it doesn't go wrong!!

      Delete
  5. I found your blog this morning when I was feeling a little bit post Christmas down in the dumps, and it cheered me enormously. Good luck with this year's challenges! Look forward to reading more of your posts. Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline - what a lovely thing to say! I shall enjoy hearing from you too - please return to visit! Claire X

      Delete
  6. Hope you're feeling better Claire - sounds like you got yourself completely run down (sounds familiar!). Taking our decorations down tomorrow and need a huge tidy up - actually looking forward to it! I'm so envious of you living near the sea - must be theraputic. Pics are looking great you lucky girl! Don't go mad though next week with the start of the new term and go back to square one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! I hope you're feeling much better now.

    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so sorry to hear that. how awful! stress can do that to you and quickly. the weather probably didn't help either. glad you're feeling better and i am looking forward to spring too!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete