Friday 29 March 2013

Coral Craze

Or should I say "Crazy about Coral?"

I spent last summer enjoying the trend of coral, not only in items of clothing , but on my nails too.  


I seem to have gathered an impressive little collection of similar shades of coral, but do you know what?

Not one quite ticks the box.

I know, I KNOW!

They are either too orange, or too pink. That elusive pale pinky , orange ummmmm coral shade is just not there yet.

In the photo are:


  • Essie Boat House
  • Essie Cute as a button
  • Essie Fifth Avenue
  • Rimmel 60 Seconds 415 Instyle Coral
  • Rimmel 60 Seconds 405 Rose Libertine
  • Maybelline Forever strong Hot Salsa
  • Mua Bright Coral
  • Maybelline Color Show Coral Craze

I did try and get a cheap shade earlier this year that I thought was the closest to the colour I have in my head. First I tried a 60 second shade for £3.49 from Rimmel called Instyle Coral . It dries really quickly and lasts well, but it was umm, well, pink. Next was  Coral Craze from Maybeliene for £3.49. The right coral colour, but it just doesn't goes on that well. A bit lumpy and well, you know, I am, ummm, a bit fussy.

Coral Craze - a bit lumpy?
But a great colour?
So I returned to one of my favourite brands of polishes - Essie- this is  Fifth Avenue     . It is quite a bright coral, but goes on beautifully . Look how many Essie coral colours I've yet to explore! 


The added benefit of the Essie polishes are that you can buy many of them at a reduced price starting from £2.95 from Cheap Smells. It is free delivery in the UK.

I then stumbled across an old friend whilst out shopping - Jessica. I had forgotten how lovely these polishes are and I believe an old love affair may have been rekindled by this shade...


I know it looks similar in shade to the Essie polish, but it is paler and more delicate than in the picture.

Do you have a perfect coral shade to tell me about?

If you haven't entered my Giveaway you can enter here. It runs until the 9th of April.


Another New Day Giveaway





Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.


Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.






10 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous colour, I hope you have a great Easter time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coral for the spring/summer but I know a lot of people find it quite a difficult colour to wear but I just love a splash of it here and there. I'm actually wearing a little coral on my eyes today, just in the crease and it zings up the brown I have washed over my lid a treat! I am very lacking in the coral nail polish department, which I plan to rectify with immediate effect! and I love that Essie Fifth Avenue colour Claire, I do tend to lean more towards and orangey rather than a pink coral, so I will be checking this shade out in the flesh! Have a great Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second one is gorgeous on you. I can't believe how you put on that colour so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Corals, Claire. My favorite is the last one because it's pearlescent. I have a hard time using the color for lips, though. My skin has yellow undertones, so I start to look washed out... :(
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love corals for nail polish
    because it is elegant
    and a happy color
    but I'm with you
    there times that it is hard to find the kind of shade you
    have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Coral is such a sunny colour, It looks like we should be wearing kaftans, and sipping cocktails.....I'm going to hunt down some coral polish today! Roll on Summer...Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like a good coral Claire but for some reason tend to lean towards the more orangey tones - I do love your Essie Fifth Avenue - going to look at the Essie Polishes on the Cheap Smells website now! Have a lovely Easter weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love colour on my nails in summer. My favourite is Chanel Orange Fizz. You should treat yourself to Shellac and try Tropix a gorgeous coral x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of coral!! And it's great to see someone else who seems to have lots of nail varnish in what is essentially the same colour. At the moment I am trying to find the perfect green but can't quite get it right.

    ReplyDelete