Friday 1 March 2013

The Story behind a Chanel Bag


..on a Frugal Friday Post.


I talked a little last Friday about our old friend emotional buying. The attraction of the feel good factor of taking something new home to feel better about yourself or a situation you are in.

I'm sure we all do it. 

To Hubby - "What this old thing? It's been in the wardrobe for ages my love?"  When really I'd snaffled it in amongst the Tesco shop a few days ago and hid it at the back of the wardrobe.  

So how do I explain away a lovely little Chanel carrier bag when  returning from town. 





Well, here is the story.

I needed wanted to try the bare minerals veil having read Jennys review from Beauty and the Biryani. I headed off to our local Debenhams store and to the counter to talk to the lady about the best one to get. The products looked inviting and utterly gorgeous as expected, but all I wanted was this one product. The lady approached me and I explained what I wanted. Her response was

"Have you 15 minutes?"

Of course I didn't. So she said

"Well we will need to match you for foundation as well and you will need to take a starter kit ( £50) with the proper brush. No other brush will pick up the minerals properly."

Her manner was so aggressive with me and so pushy I could have easily gone along this route and found I had spend well over £50 on products I actually didn't want. She made me feel so deflated as I had so looked forward to getting this product. So I was firm and said,

" Well if thats the case I'd better look at a different product" and walked off.

The nearest counter (that just happens to be in full view of this lady) was the Chanel counter with a delightful and non pushy assistant. 

What's a girl to do when her emotions are in full flight?

This product is just gorgeous. So, so light , almost translucent on the skin. Not at all like old style face powders. A great finishing product that goes on beautifully with my Real Techinques brush.





Yes I spent twice what I meant to, but I will get daily enjoyment out of this.........




So, lady at the Chanel Counter - Thank you.






And here's to Occasional Emotional Buying. 





Yes I did feel better after buying it.



Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.


Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.




17 comments:

  1. I have worn Bare Minerals make up for four years and I love it but I do not like pushy sales people.
    We are looking for a bike for our youngest son and went to our local bike shopas we prefer to buy local whenever possible. The sales guy asked us our budget (£250) and then showed us three bikes all between £50 and £150 over budget.
    My husband and I just looked at each other and walked out.
    Why do they do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it is amazing - I shall try another outlet when I finish this one up!! XX

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love it! Chanel on your Frugal Friday post. Now, that has really made me smile:) Hope you get lots of enjoyment from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly really as in the scale of things it wasn't that much but I so am enjoying it ! A treat is good for the soul !

      Delete
  3. I hate pushy shop assistants...puts me right off too! That Chanel powder looks lovely:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - they rub me up the wrong way straight away sometimes! X

      Delete
  4. Looks lovely!! I'm not a big fan of shop assistants, they usually annoy me & I end up walking away!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chanel products are so wonderful, but I can rarely afford to buy them. I do have a Chanel lipstick that I purchased while on vacation last year. I must say it is divine! Enjoy your purchase!

    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I do have a nice nail polish, but that's all. I shall enjoy every last flake of this!

      Delete
  6. What a shame Claire - can't stand shop assistants that talk rubbish - would have just wound me up! Looks like you ended up with a lovely product though! Thanks for the mention! Did the hubby believe you then? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited after your great review - I shall get some off QVC when this is finished. Silly assistant! Hubby didn't bat an eyelid- probably was relieved it wasn't a bag!! He actually is more of a shopper than me when he has the time :O X

      Delete
  7. What a lovely treat, you can't beat Chanel anything to give you the feel good factor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right - it just feels a little bit special! Perfect.

      Delete
  8. Good on you - that is a real treat and you're getting every ounce out of it. I thought you were going to say you bought a Chanel bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would cause a reaction from the hubby, but yes I would love a Chanel bag......hmmm now which one to choose :) X

      Delete
  9. I will always toast to Emotional Buying! It's kind of the only way I shop! It's not like I go the mall thinking, "I'm going to be super practical today" usually I'm only there cuz I need a little fix...I mean pick me up...I mean therapy.
    I say- well done!
    Happy March!
    Ashley Rane Sparks
    www.makeitrane.com

    ReplyDelete