Wednesday 24 October 2012

DR Jart + Premium Beauty Balm

  Wednesday Beauty Buys - Multi Action Skin Care and Make Up.


If you have been reading my blog over the past week or so you will have noticed that I have been raving about this Beauty Balm. It has taken me a while to find a BB cream that I loved enough to move from using a tinted moisturiser. The products that I tried just didn't seem to be any different to me. The promise of an amazing all in one product that left your skin dewy and flawless didn't happen. The most I got was my skin reacting to the different products that I tried.

Some of the BB s I have looked at had a lot of promises "on the tin". I do find it hard to believe the claims that some of these products make. Moisturising, priming, coverage, concealing, making flawless, brightening, anti ageing, correcting, firming, rejuvenating, anti inflammatory, oil control - I could go on. Your skin is your skin. If it isn't perfect , a BB cream can improve it, but it can't make it flawless in one go. I think we have to be careful of over expecting because of what some of these products are promising. These BBs are amazing if you find the right one, but they will not make your skin perfect if you have pre existing problems.

When looking for a BB be clear about what you want. A BB cream should be moisturising and be an all in one - prime, foundation and concealer. It should give a medium sheer coverage with an even finish. There are some products that offer added benefits such as oil control so look for one that states what you require. However, be cautious of those that promise everything. Try some out. I tend not to buy unless I can test it first in a store somewhere. There are so many variations on this it is difficult to know what to expect anymore so I decided to go back to where it all started. Asia.





The Dr. Jart BB includes a factor 40 spf which is excellent. It only comes in one shade as it is one of the original types of BB cream from Asia. I found it looked quite dark initially for my skin tone , but it adjusted immediately and tones in beautifully. It moisturises without being greasy and gives a light dewy finish. It does cover uneven skin tone, but if you have any deeper pigmentation or blemishes you may need concealer as well. It gives a lovely soft finish with that dewy look that is so sought after. The thing I like most about this is that it lasts the day too. I still feel my skin looks good later in the day!

Beauty Balms are the sort of thing you have to try and find one that suits you. Everyone has different skin and what one raves about may not suit another. However I do think these Dr.Jart Beauty Balms are worth looking at. I went straight for the premium one which retails at £24 and is advised for antiaging properties and slightly older skin. They give a rough guide of up to 35 years this is best for, but I would recommend trying it out whether you are younger or older than this. I love it , it suits my skin perfectly and I am older than 35! Don't be put off by the dark colour as it adjusts when applied ( see below). They have a range of other BBs which currently aren't available in the UK as far as I can see, but if you want if you want to investigate further and want something more targeted you can check these out here. I do hope we get this choice in the UK soon ! These are the ones that Boots stock and they generally have samples out to try. I do now get the difference between this and my tinted moisturiser - and I'm hooked! 


You can see here it is a couple of tones darker than my skin.



However, once blended it has adjusted to the colour required.


 If you are having a splurge at Boots and spending £100+ on selected premium beauty products . Here is a code for £20 off.

Have you tried any Beauty Balms?

What Beauty Balm have you found suits you?

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this out and see how I go on with having darker skintone etc - most interested to see if it adjusts as well as it has for you. It does sound like a lovely product!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know - I'd be interested if it does . It was instant for me- such a result as Ive looked at so many!!! X

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with Dr.Jart's Black Detox one, I done a review on it and it's been absolutely great on my skin since, no turning back now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until you try them you don't realise how wonderful they actually are!!! Xx

      Delete
  3. That's a perfect match! I went into Sephora to find a cover for a blotch on my cheek and she sold me something that actually emphasised it...I only really got the full Halloween horror when i got home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No!! This range is really worth a look I think . They adapt to skin tone too . I have fair skin but it immediately toned in. I love it - am hooked! X

      Delete
  4. It's on my list of beauty things to get - I will let you know when I eventually get one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried bb creams before but I'm not crazy about them. I might try that one, but I'm not shure about the color, I have a very very light skintone ! Thanks for the review !
    My Blog - A Pretty Nest

    ReplyDelete