Saturday 20 October 2012

October Glossy Box

My First Ever!


I have been sent the October Glossy Box to review - what an absolute treat. Thank you Glossy Box!

The first thing I like to do when considering a product is to check out their website to find a little bit about what is behind the company. Glossy Box has a particularly clear and concise website that is easy to follow and it's values and aims are clearly described.

I do already subscribe to a monthly beauty box so this was a good chance for me to see what other boxes have to offer. 

So on to the contents. I was really impressed with the pretty pink box and wrapping. The fact that it is to support Breast Cancer this month brought tears to my eyes. A dear friend, who was a mum to a beautiful 4 year old girl, passed away after a brave and traumatic journey with breast cancer last year. I also have another lovely friend who had some horrid treatment and operations to combat this terrible disease, but is now a year and counting clear of cancer. It just seems too young to me.........


The box was even contained in an attractive brown and pink box!



There is a card with a clear explanation of each product. Very helpful.


The contents are well packaged. Wrapped in black tissue paper, tied with a pink ribbon with shredded black tissue paper to protect the products.


There are five products. Although they say there will be 5 miniatures , there are two larger size products included here. A full size lipstick and a good 75ml body scrub.




Anatomicals body scrub. Original product £3.49 200ml. A nice citrus smell with small particles that give your skin a nice smooth finish.


Yves Rocher France Moisturising Cream Lipstick - coleurs Nature . A beautiful creamy lipstick in a gorgeous deep plum red . Love this product! £14.50 for 3.7g product. A voucher is also included for £5 off any order over £30.



Olay Regenerist 3 point Treatment Cream Fragrance Free. A lovely moisturiser. This is a miniature. A full size product is £29.99 for 50ml.


Skinetica Anti Blemish - this is stated as kind to skin with no side effects so I am delighted to have this. My eldest son has just stated to get a few spots on his forehead ( much to his horror) so I will try this out on him! £6.99 for 100ml.


Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm - Love Love LOVE. Need I say any more. I have a review coming out on my Wednesday beauty buys next week and featured this on my top 5 products for October here. I am delighted Glossy Box has included this. It is an amazing BB - doesn't overclaim and does all it is meant to do - in my experience! Ok - I will calm down now. £24.00 for 40ml.



I am very impressed with the contents of this box. They are all of a good quality , presented well and explained clearly. I am very tempted to switch my monthly order over to GlossyBox from my regular Beauty Box based on this months box.

If you wish to subscribe to Glossy Box you can do here

They have two offers on at the moment. 

One free box with a 6 month subscription.

Two free boxes with a 12 month subscription.


Have you had a GlossyBox this month?

What did you think?

23 comments:

  1. Got mine yesterday, glad to recieve the BB cream, read good things about this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. INTERESANTE POST!
    Te sigo desde España!
    KISESS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glossybox looks good this month! Really like the colour of that lippie :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the box doesn't look to bad this months. I like the products. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You received some great products! I love the color of that lipstick! Excellent reviews!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice products you got there! Love the lipstick color! I also stopped by to let you know that I nominated you for the 'Sunshine Blogger Award'! Stop by at http://thegreekhousewife.blogspot.gr/ to check it out! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good box this month! Really pleased to get a sample of the Dr Jart - can't wait to read your full review! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The packaging is really cute! I see some nice products too! Can't wait for some reviews!

    Oh anyway, I would like you and your readers to come join us in fun events organized by our Bloggers Against Social Injustice committee & also at the same time do your part and spread the words of a good cause.

    We are the new Bloggers Against Social Injustice network for fashion bloggers to come together to make this world a better place.

    You can let the unheard voices be heard by a click away! :D

    Website: http://bloggersagainstsocialinjustice.blogspot.com
    Facebook: Click here for our Facebook
    Twitter: Click here for our Twitter

    I hope to see you there! :)
    Cassandra
    backtofive.blogspot.com
    Bloggers Against Social Injustice

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice blog! following now with gfc and bloglovin!
    please follow me back :)

    http://are-you-gonna-be-my-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's it... Going to have to stop reading your blog!!! Very tempted to subscribe to glossy box out of my 'allowance' ... Hmm!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it - you'd love it!!!!! X

      Delete
    2. Ordered a glossy box last night!!! Very excited!! Xxx

      Delete
    3. Hope you got a money off code too! xx

      Delete
    4. Could only have the free boxes if paying up front for 6/12 months, so I'm doing the pay monthly option. Very excited! Don't put anything else tempting on your blog!! Xxxxx

      Delete
    5. Could only have the free boxes if paying up front for 6/12 months, so I'm doing the pay monthly option. Very excited! Don't put anything else tempting on your blog!! Xxxxx

      Delete
  11. Looks like it was a pretty nice box!! new follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like some great contents this month, been toying with the idea of glossy box for a while - probably not worth the money but then what is? Other thing is that I lI've the idea of a surprise each month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like some great contents this month, been toying with the idea of glossy box for a while - probably not worth the money but then what is? Other thing is that I lI've the idea of a surprise each month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was complimentary so a lovely surprise, but yes I sometimes look at the contents and think would I spend £10 on it? I love getting a little box each month though! X

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing your Glossy box. Great items!

      Delete
  14. Drat - forgot to go to Boots today to check out the Dr Jart BB cream as I've heard good things about it and I am old and need help. I will let you know how I get on ... it will be the first beauty purchase I've made in a long while ... when I get round to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does look like a good box this month! xx

    ReplyDelete