Thursday 18 October 2012

Favourite Products this Month

Top 5!


One thing I have been attempting to do lately is find some good alternatives to expensive salon or  spa products to reduce my monthly outlay on beauty products. However,there are some products I don't think I will ever change, but I always research where I can find them at the best possible price. As a family of 5 we are constantly looking at ways to reduce our monthly outgoings.
I'm adding a short post each month with a low down on my top 5 products. These will be 5 products that I am really loving using. They may be a new product I have just found ( often from another blog in which case I will link to the blog I found it on) or an old favourite. I will link where you can purchase these from too.

 My October top 5













1. DR. Jarts BB . At last I have found a BB that I love and my skin loves. This has a SPF of 40 . I am going to do a full review of this on my Wednesday Beauty Buys next week, so do pop back then. Love, love, love. I checked out e.bay and there are some private sellers selling some of these for good prices. Otherwise Boots stock it. They have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment.

2. Eau Thermale Toner. This is for oily or blemish prone skin, which mine is not particularly, but I do have an oily zone . It certainly has helped minimise some pores too. I got mine through Boots on the 3 for 2 offer.

3. L'oreal Extraordinary oil. I have been using this for about a week and it is fabulous. I went straight out and got it after Beauty and the Biryani did a review on it. I have thick hair that doubles in size the minute there is any moisture in the air. But not if I use this. Check out her review for full details. I use it on my little girl too.

4. Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream. Just the best moisturiser ever. I get mine from Look Fantastic. The link is in my side panel.

5. Essie Chocolate cakes - see the colour here. Gorgeous . Am wearing this all the time at the moment. I think the best buy is from Superdrug on the High Street.


What are your favourite products this October?

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info! I love the Avene products even though they're expensive and I'm not fond of the Elvive products, at least they don't agree with MY hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely be popping back to read more about the BB cream. I got the Estee Lauder one last year, but am not convinced that it lives up to all the hype. I stopped paying money for toners years ago, when I read an article in In Style magazine recommending using Rosewater instead. It can be bought in the chemist for less than €2. Incidentally, despite having psoriasis on my body, the skin on my face is perfect ... or should I say, as perfect as it can be given my age :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive tried a few BB creams, but think they over claim with what they can do. I found my skin reacted with the cheaper ones too so bit the bullet a bit to try this one and now I'm hooked - oh dear. May pick a few up cheaply on e.bay! Thats interested about the skin on your face - is that because of exposure to more sun ? ( I think you mentioned in one post that this improved it?) Rosewater sounds a good idea! X

      Delete
  3. I often use the Dermalogica skin soothing cream, totally love it and got the BB cream in this months glossy box so glad you like it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! I am being sent a glossybox to review so maybe I'll get the BB cream in it. OOO I do hope so! X

      Delete
  4. Love your picks!! I use one of the Dr. Jart BB creams, and I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are some of the original BB creams from Asia so I think thats why they are the best of the bunch !! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the mention Claire, glad you're liking the L'Oreal Oil. I also received the Dr Jart BB in my Glossybox so looking forward to your review! My friend swears by her Dermalogica products - can you believe I've not yet tried anything out? Avene toner looks like a lovely product! Great picks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm yet to try a BB cream...I really need to jump on it
    and I do love me some essie polishes
    great post :)

    jayj x.
    avecjayj.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete