Wednesday 3 October 2012

Wenesday Beauty Buys - Lancome

Lancome Lipcolour and Primer


I have wanted for a while a lip colour that gave a hint of coral, but wasn't so orange that it looked ridiculous on me. Trying to explain this colour to an assistant got me many a strange look until I encountered the delightful Lancome assistant in the Exeter store. She was bubbly and chatty, but not overly so and understood perfectly what I meant when I said something between a bright coral,plum and a nude!! I also somehow managed to walk away with a moisturising lip primer to apply first.







I love the colour - it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and it is perfect for every day wear with all the autumnal colours -  Number 272 L'absolu Rouge.

I often buy my products from Lookfanstastic. They have a lot of great brand names at fabulous prices. I have just ordered a lip plumper and some Redken products ( with a free brush set) and got an extra 10% off courtesy of Savoo - voucher code here- Voucher Code LookFantatsic from Savoo.

What is your go to lip colour this Autumn?

14 comments:

  1. That is nice lipstick! I love the color! Do you know that the 'coral, plum' colour you're refering to would be called 'rotten apple' color in Greece!!! LOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - I wonder what she would have said if I had asked for it in a rotten apple colour!!?

      Delete
  2. I have a L'absolu Rouge lip colour I have been using for ages its number 201 a nice daytime shade but pinky. If you are looking for coral as I often am, can I suggest chantecaille from space nk in geranium x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds a lovely colour too - may have to expand my collection!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great colour Claire - it's amazing how a good shop assistant can make life so much easier :)

    Joanne

    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right - a good shop assistant is an absolute joy!

      Delete
  5. Its a beautiful color. Its frustrating, isn't it, when you have a picture in your head of a color you want...you try to describe it and you get funny looks. Sounds like you finally got to work with an excellent salesperson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get some funny looks . One lady even looked oddly at me when I asked for a primer, as if she hadn't heard of it before!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great colour you must show it on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try, but my lens is rubbish ( I broke my best lens :( ) I'll give it another go as it is a lovely colour on!! X

      Delete
  7. Lovely colour Claire - love the idea of the lip primer! Can't wait to see it on you! Get those lips on the blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee - oh ok! Maybe next week then. Ive got a lip plumper to review. Not sure it's gonna help me though - it'd need to work a miracle! X

      Delete