Wednesday 31 October 2012

Sanctuary Spa Hot Cloth Cleanser

Wednesday Beauty Buys



As promised here is another review of a hot cloth cleanser. I am trying to cut my budget on beauty products by finding drugstore alternatives to some of the spa products I have been using that cost far too much to be justified. As with any area of spending it is best to set yourself a budget to stick to as it can so easily spiral out of control. 

There are so many fantastic alternatives available now starting from as little as a couple of pounds. Collecting your points on Boots and Superdrug cards and looking out for their many offers will mean you can often pick your chosen product up for next to nothing. I got this Sanctuary Spa Hot Cloth Cleanser as part of a 3 for 2 offer at Boots. I also got a toner paid for with my Boots points and a Dr. Jarts BB. So in reality I paid £24 for products worth £42. You can purchase it from Boots here as part of their 3 for 2 offer.

If you are interested in trying out some hot cloth cleansers but don't want to commit to buying a full sized product, Red magazine have a good size Liz Earle sample with muslin cloth included as a freebie this month. Here also is my previous review on SuperDrugs Hot Cloth Cleanser. 

So, onto the Bath Sanctuary Spa Hot Cloth Cleanser. This is a good sized product for £10.20  with a muslin cloth included. As with all Sanctuary Spa products it has quite a strong , almost lemony smell. Whilst I love this fragrance in their other products I was uncertain whether I would cope with such a strong fragrance on my face. However, after a few uses I find it invigorating rather than annoying.

I have used this for a couple of weeks now and it has not irritated my skin which is great. I do still use my precleanse to break down stubborn make up first and to allow the cleanser to do it's job.The instructions recommend that you do two cleanses. The first one removes dirt and dust and the second goes deeper and allows the rich oils to penetrate the skin. I did try it without using my pre cleanse, but found it did not remove stubborn eye make up . However, I would always double cleanse to ensure clean skin. The test is to wipe a cotton bud with toner over your skin and see how clean it really is. 

This cleanser is thick and creamy . It feels lovely on your skin and wipes away easily with the muslin cloth. You soak the cloth in hot water and lay it over the face to start with to open the pores. You then gently massage the cream into the skin and  take it off with the warm cloth. My skin feels tight and clean afterwards and my make up applies well which is always a sign of well cleansed and prepared skin.

 At the moment I am using it in my daily regime and it has halved what I am spending on my cleanser bill. It is certainly worth a try if you are looking for a drugstore hot cloth cleanser that retails for around £10.

What is your favourite Hot Cloth Cleanser at the moment?

6 comments:

  1. This sounds great, will look into it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use Liz Earle or Eve Lom (if I'm flush) and love hot cloth cleansers so will remember this if I ever run out and can't wait for an online order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen Red magazine this month has a good sized Liz Earle sample - worth getting if you use it anyway - good travel size! Xx

      Delete
  3. I really like the Sanctuary Spa range but didn't realise they had a muslin cloth / cleanser in their range. Thanks for the tip. Will definitely look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sanctuary Spa products and have considered this cleanser a few times but not got round to it yet! I have so much Emma Hardie cleansing balm to use up first though (which has turned into a favourite) but this will definitely be one to try out in the future! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...this looks like a great product to try out. I am interested in trying this one out. I am curious on how it will work on my skin. Hope it works well so that I can add to my list of great skin care products to try out.

    ReplyDelete