Wednesday 17 October 2012

Long Lasting Lip Colour......

Wednesday Beauty Buys


A quick slick of lipstick can make you look like you have put effort into the most simple of outfits. After I had my children I used to keep a lippy by the front door and one in the car so if all else failed I could slap some on last minute with some oversized shades and look half decent! Not that I fooled anyone if they looked closely I'm sure......

Staying power is a mum's best friend when it comes to make up and Lipstick is no different. I'm afraid that lipgloss, that needs to be reapplied at regular intervals is not a great idea for me. I find that I am conscious of it on my lips and with one puff of wind my hair whips across my face and glues itself to my lips. Not a great sight.

So in my quest for the perfect pout I have tried two products:


1.Too faced Lip insurance - smoothing anti feathering Lip Primer.



You apply this to your lips ( bit obvious that!) before your lip colour. It claims to be a full coverage insurance policy against fading,messing and lifeless lip colour . 

What it says "on the tin" :

Lipsticks and lipglosses bond to Lip Insurance to lock down and intensify colour for longer lasting wearability. It's weightless formula creates a creamy yet velvety finish that smoothes over lines to perfectly prep lips for lipstick and gloss. A powerful dose of antiageing ceramides and peptides increase lip fullness and help restore natural collagen. 

These are some pretty heavy claims, ( do you think some products actually over claim?) , but I did find that it improves how my lip colour went on and prevented it from feathering. It maintains the colour of the lips quite well, so I would say a pretty good product if stayability is high on your priority list. I will certainly repurchase.

2. Duwop Lip Venom








This product is meant to do what it says "on the tin" :

Plumping Gloss.

Nice and simple!



I did find it did something to my lips . A couple of seconds after applying your lips start to tingle and feel a bit uncomfortable. That'll be why it's call venom then? However, I don't think it made my lips look plumper at all. It just seemed to be a shiny, slightly glittery lip gloss that stings slightly. It is a tiny weeny little tube for £14 so I won't buy this again . Not my cup of tea.

My favourite simple lip product for moisturising lips is still my pot of Carmex. It only cost me £1.50. See my review here.

What is your favourite lip treatment or colour at this time of year?





17 comments:

  1. I have a friend who layers her lipstick by blotting with a tissue then dabbing with face powder about three times - its too time consuming for me but it sure as hell works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmex rocks! Haha. Clinique has a two step lip-paint/gloss that I love. Not too sticky and it stays all day. Pretty great stuff. Only problem is, if you reapply it at night, it starts to peel off. Kind of a once a day product...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know I am a 'gloss girl' but really want to get back into the 'lippie thing'! Would love to do a red lip one day - but one step at a time! The Lip Insurance sounds like a lovely product, I really need to invest in something like this (as does Carmex - am I the only person to have not tried it?) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having said that I do have a great subtle red gloss that I wear - Im the same not done a big bold red lipstick yet. Maybe with the biker chick look eh?

      Delete
  4. I love lip venom!!!!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. £1.50 for Carmex .. compared to €4 here?? Somebody is doing very well with that exchange rate!! But agree it's one of the best lip moisturisers on the market. I'm neither a lippie nor gloss girl .. find that none of them stay on me very long, so tend to focus on eyes rather than lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on offer when I got it so don't panic!! Not sure how much I got off though......!!!!! Love dramatic eyes too. XX

      Delete
  6. Newest follower here! I found you through the Sunday link up! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i found the same results from the venom, and i even took pics. once, i put on every lip plumper i owned. bad idea :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm tempted to try some of that lip venom type product, but I think I'd probably end up looking silly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go - it is a very good lip gloss at least ! I'm just not convinced it plumps lips!!! X

      Delete
  9. I don't think I'll try the lip venom! No, thanks! As far as lipstick duration is concerned, if you colour your lips with a lipstick pencil, (you know, the kind you can sharpen) and then apply lipstick, it does help.

    ReplyDelete